Tuesday, May 5, 2009

FRUSTRATED!!!! Grrrrr

OK, so I need your input......Of course all of you know that I was a surrogate mother to Ethan Blacker. Well, my insurance denied all of my claims for my hospital stay that month last Aug-Sep 2008. Well if I were to total all of my bills they would come out to $60,000.00......use to be $50,000.000....but because the parents have refused to pay them, they are not starting to go to collections. I have sent them all of the bills via email 4 different times and every time their response was either "we are not going to pay this because we are taking it to the press" or "we want you to file a counter claim with your insurance to see if they will cover any of it".......this has been going on for 8 months now. Yes, Ethan is now 8 months old. Well, I called Josh again the other day and told him...."look you need to take care of these bills..even if it is only $50 a month, they need to be addressed".......and all I got out of him was "well, you can mail me the invoices for the smaller ones and I can take care of those, as far as the bigger ones I want you to negotiate with the companies AGAIN"........Grrrrrrrr, I am so done trying to negotiate with these darn people when I have NO CASH TO GIVE THEM.....They will not take matters into their own hands so I took one into mine and called an attorney (now, be aware that I have a legal binding contract with Josh and Sheila stating I am NOT reliable for any medical bills my insurance will not cover". They are.......so I made an appt for next week to speak to this guy about my options. All of these bills are in my name and not theirs so obviously they are going against my credit in the long run.....so who is getting screwed???? I AM, I AM.......well, I emailed him to let him know that I have this appt and he FLIPS OUT....."I can't believe that you are getting an attorney and going against me April, what did I ever do to deserve this"???? Well....hummmmm, maybe because I want all of these bills in your name and not mine......make sense right???? Well, they don't think so and I am down right frustrated. I gave them a child and this is what I get......remind me never to be nice to strangers again, cause I guess now a days people are just not nice nor care for others like I do.
Now, this is where I need you input......Am I doing the right thing? How would you deal with this load of crap? OH YA, and how would you approach Josh and Sheila....cause I have stopped answering his 100 phone calls a day to harass me about this matter. UGH!!! Anyone want to trade me shoes?????
THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT....xoxoxox love you

5 comments:

  1. What a bunch of crap! I hope everything works out good luck! Are they your friends or how do you know them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so sorry to hear that! I think you are doing the right thing.... you can't be put with that much $ on your back!!! 'specially when you said it's in contract already for them to pay!
    Glad to see
    you've started a blog- i'll link ya to mine~! I will just need your email address so I can send ya an invite to mine... it's private. Thanks!! (oh yea, send me your email to: kinna910 at yahoo dot com) -McKinna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing the right thing. At the very least you need to have all those bills put into their name and then they can spend all the time they want renegotiating with the insurance while their credit goes to pot, not yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to put your friendship with them aside. Unless that relationship is worth $60,000. If they really valued your friendship they wouldn't have let this go to collections. The longer you put this off the more liable YOU become. Go to that meeting with your lawyer and make them pay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, thank you so much everyone. I feel sooooo much better now that I am not the only one feeling this way. I want to know Ethan growing up, but it is not worth losing my marriage over....stress is a killer.

    ReplyDelete